We can learn from Isaiah, David and Jonah from the bible about their respond to the challenge
1. Answer the challenge
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Lalu aku mendengar suara Tuhan berkata: “Siapakah yang akan Kuutus, dan siapakah yang mau pergi untuk Aku?” Maka sahutku: “Ini aku, utuslah aku!”
(Prepare song “Karya Keagungan” for next devotion)
And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.
So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
(1 Samuel 17:10;50)
Pula kata orang Filistin itu: “Aku menantang hari ini barisan Israel; berikanlah kepadaku seorang, supaya kami berperang seorang lawan seorang.
Demikianlah Daud mengalahkan orang Filistin itu dengan umban dan batu; ia mengalahkan orang Filistin itu dan membunuhnya, tanpa pedang di tangan.
(1 Samuel 17:10;50)
Result: great blessings from God, big victory
2. Avoid the challenge
But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
But the LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken.
Tetapi Yunus bersiap untuk melarikan diri ke Tarsis, jauh dari hadapan TUHAN; ia pergi ke Yafo dan mendapat di sana sebuah kapal, yang akan berangkat ke Tarsis. Ia membayar biaya perjalanannya, lalu naik kapal itu untuk berlayar bersama-sama dengan mereka ke Tarsis, jauh dari hadapan TUHAN.
Tetapi TUHAN menurunkan angin ribut ke laut, lalu terjadilah badai besar, sehingga kapal itu hampir-hampir terpukul hancur.
Result: accident, bad luck, disaster
Are you willing to answer or avoid the challenge, even though we have already known the result?
Why people tend to afraid to answer the challenge?
Reason: answer the challenge will result:
– force people to be CHANGED, some people do not want to change!
– to be pulled out from comfort zone
Challenge for teachers! Challenge for US!!!
– Don’t just become an ordinary teacher since the world is changing so fast! Ordinary teacher: old style teacher, repetition teaching material and method every year. Teacher will soon be surpassed by the students and we will lose the opportunity to become people of influence for them. There is no chance to use the 13th strike, since the students has far in front of us!
– Update with technology! Bring technology into class! Make life easier!
Once you get used to the new way of teaching, you won’t turn back to the old ways.
– Trend GADGET SLAVERY has come to this generation!
Describe the students trend-play and activities and compare it with the old generation!
– etc. you may think it by yourself…
Sharing from myself
I’ve been answering the challenge several times and sometimes it can even change and mold myself into different me.
Example: When I assigned to go to East Timor, it was a big challenge and force me to leave my comfort zone.
So, don’t be afraid to answer the challenge, as long as we do it with God. Get Ready with the next academic year’s challenge!!!
– strength from God to all teachers to be ready to answer their challenge
– for our students to let them free from Gadget Slavery
– blessing to all teachers and committees for RAKER preparation
– DBL team for their next match
– UAS that will be commenced next week
By: Wahyu Kurniawan