Everyone has personal goals to be achieved and challenges to be tamed. These points below, Lesson to be Humble by Mother Teresa, is my hardest challenge, starting this year. It may takes forever to keep learning, but I am willing to try, until the rest of this part of my life…
1. Talk as least as possible about ourselves. Sedikit mungkin berbicara tentang diri sendiri.
2. Mind your own business. Uruslah sendiri urusan pribadi.
3. Avoid curiosity. Hindarilah rasa ingin tahu.
4. Accept differences with humor. Menerima perbedaan dengan rasa humor.
5. Forget other people’s mistakes quickly. Cepatlah untuk melupakan kesalahan orang lain.
6. Accept critics, even though it’s misplaced. Terimalah teguran, sekalipun tidak pada tempatnya.
7. Accept insults, experiences of being forgotten and disliked. Terimalah penghinaan, pengalaman dilupakan, dan tidak disukai.
8. Don’t try to be loved and admired. Jangan berusaha untuk dicintai dan dikagumi.
9. Be polite and kind, even though you’re being attacked. Bersikaplah sopan dan ramah, walaupun diserang.
10. Don’t hide behind other people’s honor. Jangan bersembunyi di balik kehormatan orang lain.
11. Succumb to debates, even when you are right. Mengalahlah dalam perdebatan, sekalipun benar.
12. Always choose the hardest thing. Pilihlah selalu segala hal yang paling sulit.
“At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by ‘I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you took me in.’ Hungry not only for bread — but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing — but naked for human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks — but homeless because of rejection.”